One thing is for certain: the former nun, who came from a noble family, did not play a minor role in Luther's household in Wittenberg. Today we would say: the wife of the Reformer wears the breeches. This is why Martin Luther called her his "Herr Katie". She continues to be an inspiration as a clever and energetic woman, who did not shy away from arguments. Every year, the city of Torgau appoints a woman as "Katharina ambassador" for her outstanding commitment.
- Weiterführende Links
- Martin Luther and the Jews
- Stationen der Reformation
- Luthergarten in Wittenberg
- Women move the church – since Luther's time
- Reformation in the Christmas parlour
- Reformation und Politik
- Martin Luther and the witches
- Stichwort ...
- In focus: Remembering Jan Hus
- Georg Spalatin